Website designing can be tricky considering the fact that you are just starting out with your new business and have little to no experience. There are professionals who are consulted for professional web design but if you don’t have that much money it’s ok.
When you create your website you have to be very careful, you cannot just put some random stuff together and expect your business to grow overnight. All you need to keep in mind is that your website is the first impression of your business. When a customer or an investor visits your landing page he or she must have a very clear idea of what services or goods you are offering and what exactly your motto is.
Website designing is one of the major types of advertising for online retailers. The website design you choose will help decide your market. In this article, we will be talking about why website designing is important for a new business website, how to design a website for your new business and finally what mistakes should you avoid while doing so.
Why is good web designing important for your business?
It is the first impression that you give off to your potential market and customers, as you cannot contact them directly; your website should do the job for you and lure in customers and investors.
With a good business website, a customer should be able to find what he or she is looking for quite easily. Your website should have an easy to navigate menu that will lead to your ‘main’ pages. Thus if you don’t design a website well, your customers may not have a complete picture of what your business does.
You have to design your website and also design a logo for your website to help people identify it. Your website name can get mixed up with a lot of other websites, it’s your trademark logo that will help customers identify your website from others.
When you have created a website well, it should instil trust for your customers. Your customers need to trust you in order to consider doing business with you. By designing it well you are building the trust of your customers as well as building goodwill for your company and yourself.
While building it you have to follow the reading patterns and Search Engine Optimisation rules. When you are following the rules you are making it easier for your customers to read and comprehend the material. Place important information where your customers will see it and ensure that you make good use of title and image tags and you will be on the right path to human and robot optimisation.
Website Design Tips for a New Business
Things to Consider with Your Web Design:
If you want to design your new business website yourself here are some tips to keep in mind. If you can follow some basic design rules and keep your visitors needs a priority then your onto a winning formula.
- Make clear what services or goods you are offering. You cannot hope your customers to trust you or buy from you if they have absolutely no idea what you do or what your company represents.
Your website home page must have sufficient information about you and important information that will help your potential customers understand your website better.
- Make it easy to use. When you are creating your own website, make sure it is easy to use. Even if you are not getting help from a professional web designer. It’s not something too difficult to implement. All you need to make sure is that your site can be easily navigated. Insert links that you think will help your customers; also do not forget to put in a search bar if your business website has lots of information.
- Follow the SEO best practices. In order to make your website discoverable, you need to follow the search engine practices. Google will give you good rankings only if it is optimised. This means their spiders can crawl your website and understand what your business does and what your business website represents. Sitemaps, heading titles, title tags etc are some of the good practices that you can follow.
- Don’t forget about your mobile visitors. In the age of smartphone where everything can be easily done on the go, you cannot just be contented having a website. You need to make sure that its mobile version is equally efficient and capable. Even if you do not want to invest in an app you need to have a good mobile site for your business.
- Use analytics to track and analyse your website. when you have finally completed designing a website don’t rest on your laurels! take suggestions from your customers and make changes accordingly. You can get certain free as well as paid analytics solutions for your website. Pull out weekly reports about how your website is doing, how people are using your website etc. You will definitely notice trends or patterns in the analytics. Use these trends and patterns to improve your business website.
Things You Should Avoid With a New Business Website Design:
- Disorganised homepage- Your homepage must be organised and user-friendly. If the home page itself is cluttered and messy it gives off wrong signals.
- Inconsistent interface- Once you are done with creating your webpage make sure that you do not create different pages of the same website differently. The design and interface of your website should be similar in all the pages.
- No-call-to action- If you want your website to grow and your customers to subscribe to your site all you need to do is put a call-to-action button.
- Designing your website for a specific screen resolution. As discussed earlier in relation to mobile web design, remember that there is no industry standard for screen resolution. As such you need to remember this when placing elements on your website, for example. Consider using ‘%’, which is scalable, rather than ‘px’ when using CSS. You are running the risk of annoying your potential customers and ruining the experience for certain users if your website design only displays correctly on some screens.